[WBEL-users] WBEL ...dead?

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists@karan.org
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:49:30 +0000

Hey!

israel.garcia@cimex.com.cu wrote:
 > Are this rumors real?

I did not incite the rumour....however, it is based on fact. Wbel had
fallen off the edge of the earth, with no contact / feedback from anyone
in a position to do something about it.

And this dosent seem to be the first time this has happened either....

 > I am part of a Corporation and I am in the midle of a migration from
RH9 to WBEL
 > on several servers. Please let me know if WB will have not more
updates to take
 > another decision.

If Wbel was to have a 'dead in transit' or if this 'weeks before we
release updates' keeps going you have the option to move to another RHEL
recompile repository with about 2 minutes worth of work - with
absolutely no functional issue involved. After all Wbel ( like Centos /
Tao ) isnt a distribution in itself, its a recompile of RHEL - and they
are all build from the same source.

That however brings up the issue of "if there are others out there which
seems to be doing more timely updates and more community oriented that
you can move to if Wbel has problems - why not start with one of them in
the first place ? "

My 2p worth. I still run Wbel myself on a few machines. None of which
run in Commercial Environments. I install Wbel no more.

- K

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc