[WBEL-users] Stupid TERM Question

Aaron Smith asmith@nexcerpt.com
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:02:10 -0500

--=-WGELvpKeAFugPDoqWrHo

	Ok.  This is probably a silly question, but damnit, I've got
enough to do right now and I'm not in the mood to try and track this
down.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
	Anyway, what determines the use of ncurses for text based apps when
SSH'ing?  When I ssh into my WBEL 3.0 box and run something like "links"
or "ntsysv", the output looks horrendous.  Everything is drawn (poorly)
with what look like ASCII characters rather than the nice, clean,
ncurses lines.  If I run the same programs from a terminal on the
console, it looks like it should.  My TERM is set to "xterm-color" as
this was what worked fine under RH 7.3.  I've tried a few other TERMS
such as "linux" and "xterm-r6" with no change at all.  What setting
should I be looking at here? =20

--=20
Aaron Smith             		vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director        		fax: 269.349.9076=09
Nexcerpt, Inc.          		http://www.nexcerpt.com
=09
	...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise

--=-WGELvpKeAFugPDoqWrHo