[WBEL-users] New install after up2date no keyboard

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:31:52 +0100

On Thursday 30 December 2004 23:21, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> The system booted, and I got the GUI login.  The mouse worked but not the
> keyboard.  I could tell I could fill up the keyboard buffer (it would
> start beeping at me after a dozen or so characters), but nothing worked.
>
> I cold-booted and selected the -15 boot.  Same thing.
>
> OK.  Now what?

If you installed grub or lilo, you should be able to pass boot time kernel
options. Pass the option "single" to the -27 kernel. This should give you a
single login screen. Edit /etc/inittab and change the default runlevel to
3. Save and reboot. Now you should get normal terminals after boot. Try
starting X from there, so you can switch terminals to check for X errors to
see why your keyboard isn't working.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree