[WBEL-users] New install after up2date no keyboard

Robert Moskowitz rgm@htt-consult.com
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:44:13 -0500

I will give this a try in the morning.

At 06:31 PM 12/30/2004, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

>On Thursday 30 December 2004 23:21, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
> > The system booted, and I got the GUI login.  The mouse worked but not the
> > keyboard.  I could tell I could fill up the keyboard buffer (it would
> > start beeping at me after a dozen or so characters), but nothing worked.
> >
> > I cold-booted and selected the -15 boot.  Same thing.
> >
> > OK.  Now what?
>
>If you installed grub or lilo, you should be able to pass boot time kernel
>options. Pass the option "single" to the -27 kernel. This should give you a
>single login screen. Edit /etc/inittab and change the default runlevel to
>3. Save and reboot. Now you should get normal terminals after boot. Try
>starting X from there, so you can switch terminals to check for X errors to
>see why your keyboard isn't working.

um.  I am not good with X.  Haven't touched it for almost 10 years!  I am
using Gnome.  But I also installed KDE (could installing both at the same
time cause this problem?)