[WBEL-users] About RHEL 3 quaterly upgrade

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:09:06 +0100

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:19:47AM -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:

> All of this chatter about WBEL being dead just makes me giggle.  People,
> we're talking about a GPL'd distribution where ALL of the hard work has
> already been done.  The 3.0 ISO's have already been released, all that
> needs to happen during the next 4.5 years is MAINTENANCE (rebuilding
> errata).

True, and since the source is already neatly packaged in SRPM's that's about as easy as it gets... I don't think many updates will require repacking due to logo's/serious trademark issues.

> Where are the folks that were bitching to HELP?  Why not simply fork the
> project if you're a) so enamored with WBEL, and b) concerned that it's
> no longer being maintained by the original developer?

It would be nice if there was a central repository where everybody could upload contrib RPM's instead of all these small batches. Some coordination might be nice too. I've been banging my head to the wall trying to build some Fedora/WBEL ltmodem RPM's, without luck.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net