[WBEL-users] DNS Slave issue

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 23:09:23 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, John Hinton wrote:

> To answer my own question, for those who are headed there... seems that
> WBEL creates the /var/named directory with user root. Since named runs
> as user named, it cannot by default write files to /var/named,
> therefore, my cure was to chown named /var/named. Weird???

Getting kinda odd.  Here is how /var/named gets created here:

drwxr-x---    3 root     named        4096 Dec 11 22:47 named

And here is what the .spec requests:

%attr(750,root,named) %dir /var/named

So any provable problem with that needs to get fed upstream to RH since
they very intentionally set things up owned by root:named, yet they do
create a user named and run as it.  Go figure, because it looks pretty
loony to me.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!