[WBEL-users] Adding bootable flag to running Array

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan@macmahon.me.uk
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:25:53 +0100

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 03:45:26PM +0200, Simone wrote:
> Hi,
> looking for advice on the safest and quickest way to add the bootable fla=
g=20
> to a running Array. Last week we had to replace a disk on the samba serve=
r=20
> and reconstruct the array (RAID1, 2 disks, $ partition each disk). My=20
> fault, I forgot to add the bootable flag on the /boot partition.

> As usual, any comment really appreciated.=20

Do you actually need the bootable flag for anything? Linux bootloaders
tend to work out where to boot from using a config file, so if you've
got grub (or lilo?) installed in the MBR it won't matter.

Ewan

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD--