[WBEL-users] WB kernel upgrade!

israel.garcia@cimex.com.cu israel.garcia@cimex.com.cu
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:32:05 -0500

Hi:

I want to install WBEL in a compaq proliant ml350 ,so,  compaq recomends that:
HP highly recommends the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Update 1
(2.4.21-9.EL kernel) or later for ProLiant servers running Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 3.  Additional information regarding Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and kernel
updates is available at the following Red Hat website:
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2004-017.html

by default WB has:

kernel-2.4.21-4.EL
kernel-pcmcia-cs-3.1.31-13
kernel-source-2.4.21-4.EL
kernel-utils-2.4-8.37

and the update's files:

kernel-BOOT-2.4.21-15.EL.i386.rpm
kernel-doc-2.4.21-15.EL.i386.rpm
kernel-source-2.4.21-15.EL.i386.rpm
kernel-utils-2.4-8.37.3.i386.rpm

my question is?

1. Does anybody knows a step by step kernel upgrade guide?
2. Note that there is not any update file (in the mirros) for kernel-2.4.21-4.EL
--> Is my server up to date,  only if I upgrade these 4 files from the mirros
sites? these 4 updates files are backported?

sorry my english!

regards

Israel Garcia
CIMEX Villa Clara