[WBEL-users] bash causes sporadic job control output

Kirby Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:42:18 -0500

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:29:19AM -0600, Alan Sparks wrote:

<snip...>
> /home/asparks/bin/mtabacklog: line 7:  3810 Done
> mailq -v
>       3811                       | perl -n -e '/^\s+\<.*\@(.*)\>/ &&
> print "$1\n"'
>       3812                       | sort
>       3813                       | uniq -c
>       3814 Broken pipe             | sort -nr

<snip...>

Something isn't correct.  You either aren't running what you think
you are, or there is a cut and paste gone bad....

Your above command says "3810 Done mailq -v"

However, your script doesn't runs "mailq", not "mailq -v".  So now
I'm worried about that then I am about anything else.  Either you
aren't posting exactly what you are running, or you aren't running
what you think you are.  Finally, why is "mailq -v" on line 7?  The
script you posted has "mailq" on the second line?

Is "/opt/sendmail/mailq" a script by chance?

	Thanks,
		Kirby