[WBEL-users] redhat-config-network

Nick Lunt nick@javacat.f2s.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:28:01 +0100

Hi Folks,

I recently installed WBEL after hearing about it on the RHCT course I
recently did.

My RHCT tutor said that redhat-config-network uses profiles, so if I then go
and edit the network files by hand I would have to then also edit the
network files for the profile that redhat-config-created.

I can see on my machine that their is a profiles directory so I have no
reason to disbelieve what my tutor told me, however if I was to use
redhat-config-network do I really have to then edit the profile files if I
manually edit the network files ?

Just to clarify, I won't be using redhat-config-network anyway, but I'd like
this issue clearing up before I go for the RHCE.

The RHCE study book I have doesn't mention the profiles stuff - not yet
anyway.

Many thanks
Nick.