[WBEL-users] SendMail Gateway

Karanbir Singh mail-lists@karan.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:49:08 +0100

Hi Simone,

Simone wrote:
> I haven't been clear on one point, my fault. We have to stay on
> Exchange, and users have to keep on using Outlook Web Access, this is a

ah!

> We would like to have a front web server that could redirect to the
> correct exchange web page depending on the login. In this scenario, even

An easier way of doing something like this ( well, easier to maintain
anyway ) would be to setup ip/port forwarding on the gateway machine.
Then setup 3 different ports that people can use.

eg. to login to machine-1 you could use http://publicIP:8081/ for
machine-2 you can have http://publicIP:8082/ and finally you can have
http://publicIP:8083/ for machine-3.

Then just setup inward port forwarding. What firewall are you using ? If
you let us know, I am sure someone should be able to guide you on how to
setup something like this.

You might want to keep in mind, that in such a case the OWA interface is
going to be exposed on-line to anyone who wants to look at it.

Lastly, (phew!) another options : setup Squid to do reverse proxy for
you. You can build in some Authentication at the gateway then. Plus (
arguably ) squid has a smaller footprint than Apache.

- K

--
Karanbir Singh

http://www.karan.org/