[WBEL-users] Postfix or Sendmail

Michiel van Es info@pcintelligence.nl
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:17:01 +0200

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 07:25, Milan Keršláger wrote:
>

>>>Any feedback on the setup? Sendmail or Postfix? Pros and Cons?
>>
>>Postfix is more secure. Sendmail is big ball with big holes (at least in
>>the past).
>

> 	It's been a while since there's been major problem with sendmail.  At
> this point, if I were you, I'd probably toss a coin.  If both do
> everything you need them to and you are equally comfortable in both pick
> the one you think will be easiest for a future admin to work with (like
> after you're retired or whatever).

Ik also find the "Postfix is more secure. Sendmail is big ball with big
holes (at least in the past)."  very lame.
Please give good arguments before takin' a crack on a outstanding
mailserver like Sendmail.
I do not say Postfix is worse..I think they have both pros and cons but
I am not going to tell that Sendmail is bad and not give any good
argument why it is such a bad decision.
If I had to choose it is Sendmail for it's simplicity and it's
virtusertable function which is not 100% implemented in Postfix (imho).

M.