[WBEL-users] How to uninstall an rpm package which has dependencies?

Jean Lee jean.lee@free.fr
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:41:32 +0100

Thank to all of you for your great help.
This mail is just to give a back and keep a trace,

I have created an rpm of the patched openssh (openssh-3.9p1-chroot) with
the checkinstall binary. I called it openssh-3.9p1-1.i386.rpm and
checkinstall automatically installed it.
I didn't do a  'yum remove openssh-3.6.1p2' because I didn't want to
brake some dependencies.

When I type 'rpm -q openssh', I have a good return : openssh-3.9p1-1
but if I try to erase it 'rpm -e openssh', I have the following return :

error: Failed dependencies :
    openssh = 3.6.1p2-33.30.1 is needed by (installed)
openssh-askpass-3.6.1p2-33.30.1
    openssh = 3.6.1p2-33.30.1 is needed by (installed)
openssh-askpass-gnome-3.6.1p2-33.30.1
    openssh = 3.6.1p2-33.30.1 is needed by (installed)
openssh-client-3.6.1p2-33.30.1
    openssh = 3.6.1p2-33.30.1 is needed by (installed)
openssh-server-3.6.1p2-33.30.1

Another thing : If I type 'whereis sshd', the return is :
/usr/sbin/sshd and /usr/local/sbin/sshd .
It doesn't seem to be very good..

I will try now to upgrade these 4 tools with standard openssh-3.9p1 and
see what will come.....

Jean