[WBEL-users] Rsync Updates Organizing

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:53:20 -0500 (EST)

David Mir said:

> Some of us (and I believe as more people start noticing,
> most of us) don't like updates disappearing from the main distro server
> (ncsu.edu).

ncsu.edu isn't the main distro server, it just happens to be one a number
of people use.

> So those of us are using the mailing list for users (your
> looking at it) to communicate to start keeping updates .... up to date!
> With
> or without john/vikki (no offense if they don't have time, they don't have
>  time which is fine).  So lets drop the "if you don't like it leave.."
> garbage,

Why?  If you don't like how Whitebox is managed there are many other
rebuilds out there.  I'm sure you can find one that will do what you want.
 Why should Whitebox have to conform to what you want it to be?  It isn't
your project.

Look at it another way:
1) WBEL is for the library
2) John knows if he rebuilds and tests the updates, they will work for the
library
3) If anyone else can get some use from the updates, good.  If not, oh well.

I don't know jack about you or why I should trust you to build updates.

> if you don't want to contribute stop reading this thread.  For
> those who want to get together lets do it and start this thing.

Having seen a bunch of these threads in the past, I would say "put up or
shut up".  Either get your group together to do what you want them to do
(as you say above, without it being "Official"), or quit complaining about
it on this list.  The best way to convince people is to already have
something in place, not just talk about it over and over.

To take my own advice, I will now shut up about it.

--
William Hooper