[WBEL-users] Eeedjits guide to recompiling PHP required please!

Nigel Kendrick nigel.kendrick@petdoctors.co.uk
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:10:35 +0100

Gulp, I'm trying my first ever major recompile - and it's PHP to add
freetds support so we can run database queries on an MS-SQL hosted
database using Agata (www.agata.org.br)

Ok, I've downloaded the PHP source, I have the original configure
options via phpinfo() so do I now start downloading every darn package
source needed to recompile or is there a simpler way!?

Any pointers gratefully received before my boss throws Crystal Reports
at me!

Oh, and I'm also looking at these packages - any comments from existing
users would be great - essentially I want to setup some SQL reporting so
that Managers can click a button on our Intranet and get the data they
want:

http://phpreports.sourceforge.net/

http://reportman.sourceforge.net/

http://phpcodegenie.sourceforge.net/

I'm smart, but staring up at the learning curve in front of me as it
crashes through the ceiling so be gentle!

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick