[WBEL-users] new to whitebox - question about updates

Conor Wynne weeboy@conorwynne.com
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:35:20 +0100

--=-8qHN0fAYzMMHZ/nA2miQ

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 07:12, Mike Staver wrote:
> Hello - I'm very new to using Whitebox, but I'm a long time Red Hat=20
> user, so I assumed this would be very straight forward.  My question is=20
> this: how do I use yum or something similar to get updates for things=20
> like spamassassin? I noticed the install I just did contains version=20
> 2.55, which is very old - and I went to the spamassassin.org website and=20
> tried to install version 2.64, and it complained about the kernel I was=20
> using as being too old - can somebody tell me how to get updates for=20
> things like this in the future?  Thanks.

You need to use the "dag" repository. edit /etc/yum.conf, and make sure
you have the following entry:

[dag]
name=3DDag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
baseurl=3Dhttp://apt.sw.be/redhat/el3/en/$basearch/dag

Then simply "yum install spamassassin"