[WBEL-users] updates since respin-1?

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:33:59 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Pianta said:
[snip]
> I read the old discussion from the April mailing list and I see the
> problem. There is not much to be done for existing installations but new
> installs (with the upcoming respin 2?) might benefit from some new method
> of using yum mirrors.
[snip]

Skimming the changes to Yum (I've been slacking on my Fedora testing), it
looks like Seth added a "mirrorlist" option.  This will probably allow yum
to use the same mirror list that exists for up2date.  The next battle
would be to keep these mirror lists updated.

Keeping the lists updated is kind of an on-going issue for Fedora also,
and some ideas have been thrown around on how to handle it.  I haven't
seen anything more than talk yet, though.  Perhaps someone out there will
volunteer to host a list of mirrors that they check?

--
William Hooper