[WBEL-users] PostgreSQL build problem.

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:23:53 -0700

Lamar,

There's no appropriate sleuthing done by the RPM?

I'd recommend making it intentionally blow chunks on rebuild if the user
doesn't specify the distro, then.

But I'd really be all about doing the guesswork in a nasty but reliable
bit of macro.  I do that for a bit of my stuff, which has to build
differently on {ol31{,1},rh{6,7,8,9,el3},ul1,cl{7,8,9},wbel,tao}.  It's
a nasty script and a few lines of simple support macros, but I no longer
have to think about which distro this thing is *like*.

Also, most of my builds are out of CVS, and CVS is as stupid as I am.

  - bish
Leonard Shelby

--
	"What do you call the smaller ones;