[WBEL-users] Preparing Security Updates

Raimo Koski rk@raimokoski.com
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:08:51 +0300

Michael Rock wrote:
> Hi, can someone tell me what is involved in the
> process of making RHEL updates usable for Whitebox
> linux?
>
> Is it as simple as getting on the RHEL mailing list
> for updates, download the appropriate sources and then
> edit the files to remove copyright info?
>
> I want to move my public servers to Whitebox but are
> looking for a contingency plan in case Whitebox for
> some reason does not produce timely RHEL security
> updates. (for example lets say John decides not to
> continue updates, falls behind due to some unforseen
> event or in the unusual case the project dies)

Lineox released Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.037 yesterday.
It contains U3. Download quota price is 10 Euros. Updated packages are
available for free, but access requires registration. The automatic
registration responder dislikes some mailers like squirrelmail.

--
Raimo Koski  http://www.lineox.com/  http://www.raimokoski.com/
A*rhusinkatu 3 A 36, 20320 Turku, Finland, Tel. +358 (0)2 2361 141