[WBEL-users] ctl script for postgresql -- Part II

Mário Gamito gamito@netual.pt
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:53:39 +0100

Hi,

If i run as postgres the command:

# /usr/bin/postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data

i get:

"[postgres@nau ]$ /usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/bin/postmaster -D
/var/lib/pgsql
FATAL:  "/var/lib/pgsql" is not a valid data directory
DETAIL:  File "/var/lib/pgsql/PG_VERSION" is missing.
[postgres@nau ]$ /usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/bin/postmaster -D
/var/lib/pgsql/data
LOG:  could not create IPv6 socket: Address family not supported by protocol
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-09-08 16:09:16 WEST
LOG:  could not open file "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/0000000000000001"
(log file 0, segment 1): No such file or directory
LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
LOG:  could not open file "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/0000000000000001"
(log file 0, segment 1): No such file or directory
LOG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record
LOG:  startup process (PID 15063) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
[postgres@nau ]$"

Is this not recoverable ?

Thank you for your answer.

Warm Regards,