[WBEL-users] Recent Slashdotting

Jamey Fletcher jamey at beau.org
Mon Apr 4 18:29:55 CDT 2005

Tom Cat wrote:

> Speaking of /.  I noticed a number of them seem to be confused by
> whiteboxlinux.com and whiteboxlinux.net

> Can something be done about this?  Had I found that site instead of
> the correct site, I would have thought the project was dead and gone
> and I would have used CentOS (I almost went with them, but WBEL's
> background made it sound like they have more of a reason to continue
> to exist).

Unfortunately, no.  The gentleman who owns the domains was one of the
first users of WhiteBox, but found that he didn't mesh with the way John
wanted to run the community.  He has since moved on to the CAoS project,
where I think he found a community more to his liking.  He is, however,
still subscribed to the list.