[WBEL-users] Recent Slashdotting

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Apr 4 23:17:23 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 18:29 -0500, Jamey Fletcher wrote:
> Tom Cat wrote:
>
> > Speaking of /.  I noticed a number of them seem to be confused by
> > whiteboxlinux.com and whiteboxlinux.net
>
> > Can something be done about this?  Had I found that site instead of
> > the correct site, I would have thought the project was dead and gone
> > and I would have used CentOS (I almost went with them, but WBEL's
> > background made it sound like they have more of a reason to continue
> > to exist).
>
> Unfortunately, no.  The gentleman who owns the domains was one of the
> first users of WhiteBox, but found that he didn't mesh with the way John
> wanted to run the community.  He has since moved on to the CAoS project,
> where I think he found a community more to his liking.  He is, however,
> still subscribed to the list.
----
it would seem that the decent thing to do would be for him to donate the
domain over to John/whitebox

I have started using CentOS myself as their updates are more timely,
especially the update 4 on RHEL 3 and their RHEL 4 has been out since
the end of February.

It really has been the inconsistency of the mirrors that mostly pushed
me to CentOS but I do still have some systems on WBEL and I'll keep toes
in both ponds for a while.

Craig