[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 Updates

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:53:44 CDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Cris Rhea <crhea at mayo.edu> wrote:
> IMHO, for this project to move forward-- good, solid information needs
> to flow on this list.  I have yet to see a summary/solution of the yum
> issue from May.
>
> I don't mind rolling up my sleves and doing some of the work myself, but
> I'd rather not duplicate the work others have already done. The lack of
> solutions/summaries in the archives makes me question if recent postings
> have made it into the archives.

Hi,

I'm responding to this email, but there have been lots of others that
said basically the same thing.

>From the main web page:

Beauregard Parish Public Library in DeRidder, LA USA out of self
interest. We have several servers and over fifty workstations running
Red Hat Linux and were left high and dry by their recent shift in
business plan. Our choices were a difficult migration to another
distribution or paying RedHat an annual fee greater than the amortized
value of our hardware. So we chose a third path, made possible by the
power of Open Source.... White Box Linux.

This was created out of self interest and it continues that way.  If
you want another distribution, it's clear that John supports CentOS
from his posts in the past.  Why not move there rather than trying to
make WBEL something it isn't and won't ever be?

I hope that my comments are in line with John's philosophy, but I'm
sure he will correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Greg
A satisfied WBEL and CentOS user