[WBEL-users] WBEL country news

Vicki Reeves vickir at beau.org
Tue Aug 16 20:54:57 CDT 2005

The library (John's 'real' job) is in the middle of a major project.
Many of the decisions were made on a statewide basis by people who do
'do Windows' ... 'nuff said?  When we come out the other end, our
network will be bigger, better, faster but right now we're struggling to
keep the essential services going.  As some of you have discovered, name
service on beau.org as well as beau.lib.la.us has been coming and going
from time to time.  Usually one or the other works most of the day.

John will get the essential security stuff done and posted ... that's a
top priority with him and something he must do for our site too.

I'll check on the unsubscribe request.

As for the questions about helping, I don't think it is so much that
John does not want help as that he hasn't had time to figure out how the
work can be shared.

Thanks everyone for your continued understanding and support.

--
Vicki Reeves, Info Tech Dept          http://beau.org/~vickir
Beauregard Parish Library             http://library.beau.org

In a world with no borders or fences, who needs gates & windows?