[WBEL-users] WBEL country news

Jeff Fisher jeff at lfchosting.com
Wed Aug 17 08:04:51 CDT 2005

Vicki Reeves wrote:
> The library (John's 'real' job) is in the middle of a major project.
> Many of the decisions were made on a statewide basis by people who do
> 'do Windows' ... 'nuff said?  When we come out the other end, our
> network will be bigger, better, faster but right now we're struggling to
> keep the essential services going.  As some of you have discovered, name
> service on beau.org as well as beau.lib.la.us has been coming and going
> from time to time.  Usually one or the other works most of the day.

I know the feeling.

> As for the questions about helping, I don't think it is so much that
> John does not want help as that he hasn't had time to figure out how the
> work can be shared.

I would agree with that statement. Figuring out how to give up (some)
control is often one of the hardest things to do. Let's hope that when
John has the time, he will seriously consider building a team to help him.

Also, clarifying his stance on what WBEL is or isn't would also be nice.
 There are clearly two views on this list -- people who think if we
don't like WBEL's structure to move along and use CentOS and people
(like myself) who think John wanted more than that when he started WBEL.

Jeff