[WBEL-users] various questions

Terry trryhend at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 21:21:01 CST 2005

Hello all, (new to the list),
Considering downloading / installing or upgrading a couple RHL9 boxes
to white-box.  Just wondering what options are and have couple basic
questions. (Feel the need to 'look b4 I leap'.)
1)  What kernel versin is in the current version of withebox?
3)  Is it close to or same as RHEL2 or RHEL3?  (Not that I know what's
in RHEL2 or RHEL3 but just curious as to what it's comparable to.)
2) Anyone have experience with 'upgrade function'?  Or is it highly
advisable to do fresh install?
3)  Does whitebox use YUM?
if so,
4)  Are YUM repositories seperate from RH?   or...