[WBEL-users] UPS

Benedikt Carda ml at two-wings.net
Fri Feb 25 08:01:05 CST 2005

Hi,

can anybody recommend a UPS system that is capable of shutting down
several Whitebox-Linux servers if power fails? In fact I am looking for
an UPS for two small servers each having around 150 watts at 230 volts.
I want them to shut down as soon as power fails. I first looked at
systems from APC but they only have very little to offer in this case.
The technicians said that I should use:

APC Smart UPS 1500 with
PowerChute Network Shutdown (Software) and

Network Management Card AP9617

This together would cost me more than 1000 Euros and they still can not guarantee that it works as their software does not officially support Red Hat Linux.

Thanks for help in advance.

Best Regards,
Benedikt