[WBEL-users] VSFTPD Re: Two (hopefully) quick new install Q's

Denis Croombs denis@just-servers.co.uk
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:50:52 -0000

>Here is my /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf file ... it is for passive mode FTP,
there are also lists of users who can not log in >(/etc/vsftpd.ftpusers,
/etc/vsftpd.user_list) and a list of users who will be chrooted {only have
access to their home >>>directory} /etc/vsftpd.chroot_list.  Each of those
lists is just a list of usernames (one on each line).

>This is for stand alone mode and not for xinetd mode...use
/etc/init.d/vsftpd to start and stop vsftpd.

>These commands should make vsftpd start on server boot ... and shutdown as
part of normal shutdown/reboots.

>chkconfig --level 016 vsftpd off
>chkconfig --level 2345 vsftpd on

>If you wanted to enable normal/active FTP (and not passive mode), you would
change:

>connect_from_port_20=NO

>connect_from_port_20=YES

>and then remark out:

>#pasv_enable=YES
>#ftp_data_port=21220
>#listen_port=21221
>#pasv_min_port=21222
>#pasv_max_port=21232

ncftp / > ls
Could not read reply from control connection -- timed out.
Passive mode refused.
List failed.
ncftp>

Any clue as to why I am getting this on vsftpd ?

Thanks

Denis

believed to be clean.

Marvin the E-Mail scanner