[WBEL-users] Whitebox 3 or 4 on Dell PowerEdge SC1425

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Thu Jul 14 14:52:39 CDT 2005

Greg Knaddison wrote:

>unsupported OS (SCO) on Dell boxes before and it's not a whole lot of
>fun.  They make you walk through boot-from-cd diagnostics and such for
>hours before they will listen to your problem.

Kinda OT but I recently was pulling my hair out trying to flash the BIOS
on my laptop (Linux/XP dual-boot) using the .EXE utility that DELL
provides. XP was throwing "unexpected error" and I got nowhere with DELL
Tech Support. I started looking for alternatives and found this great
utility from a DELL Engineer:

http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml#biosdisk

Worked like a charm!

Regards,