[WBEL-users] badram

zdrang zdrang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 07:33:40 CDT 2005

Hi!

I've just joined the list and I have a question.
After reading everything on the site and doing some searches I got to the conclusion that the kernel in WB is not patched for badram.

Red Hat will probably never release a kernel for bad ram since enterprise users discharge their defective ram.
But I would like to keep my 512MB Ram although it has a bad zone..
So, will WB ever release a kernel patched for badram?

I've never rebuild a kernel before so if you've done this, some pointers would be appreciated.
Like witch patch you've used for the 2.6.9 kernel or if you know a place to download kernels already patched with badram.

Thanks for any reply,
Alex.