[WBEL-users] Power failures and Sending sms from server

Simone simone72 at email.it
Wed Mar 9 11:36:36 CST 2005

Hi, just yesterday night we had a power failure.  The mailfiltering
"server" (Compaq 4420EA PC) is WBEL, and after running a while on ups it
shut down cleanly (NUT over a MGE Ellipse ups). The problem is that it
doesn't really shut down the machine but it stays with a "Power down"
message, and when the power comes back it doesn't restart. I tried
passing apm=power_off, apm=power-off or acpi=on arguments to the kernel
in the grub.conf with no success. I was wondering if there's a way to
solve this, or a way around it.

Another thing is that it would be veeeery nice if this machine could
send me an sms in case of failures that I need to know. Did a search,
found some interesting projects, one above all kannel, but it looks a
bit too much for my needs. Is there any good piece of software you would
suggest?

Thank you all for your time, have a nice day
Simone