[WBEL-users] XFCE for WBEL

NICK linickx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 06:31:25 CST 2005

Hi All,

I find it hard to believe, but I can't make google find a yum repo
with XFCE for WBEL/RHEL in it, and GNOME/KDE was just tooo slow,
anyway in true opensource spirit I gave up, and built my own ;-)

The pakages are build from xfce.orgs .src.rpms on a WBEL box.

If you too want xfce, add the following to /etc/yum.conf:

[LINICKX]
name=LINICKX Yum Repo
baseurl=http://www.linickx.com/files/rpm/whitebox/xfce-repo/

Then to install XFCE as root type:

yum install xffm\* xfwm4\* xfce\* xfdesktop

I've only tested it on one machine so if you have any problems let me know.

rgds
Nick

--
When you do things right, no one can be sure if you did anything at all.