[WBEL-users] Yum missing packages for WBEL4?

Wed Nov 23 07:21:06 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 13:54 +0100, Jon wrote:
> Ok, but ubuntu is the first distribution where I used the OS' GUI and it
> worked without problem (for adding and removing). I have removed and
> added servers and programs extensively to test and I only got one
> problem so far. It really works. I'm not saying that other linux distros
> don't. I've been using Linux for 8 years.
>
> Thanks for the tip though.
>
> Best Regards - Jon

That is well and good ... but current versions of ubuntu are not really
enterprise level.  That is said to be changing with the ubuntu server
releases.

Enterprise level means you don't have to upgrade to a new version every
6 months .... and you can expect security updates for 5-7 years.

ubuntu is a good product for what it does (as is debian stable or gentoo
for that matter) ... but it is not an RPM based Enterprise solution ...
like RHEL or a free one like CentOS/WBEL/Tao/Scientific.