[WBEL-users] File system from 3.x to 4.x is different?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jan 17 18:15:08 CST 2006

Alon spake the following on 1/17/2006 3:25 PM:
> Nope,. Ghost simply brings an error and doesn't recognize the
> utilization of the actual space used.
> I'll be happy of any other product, Linux or M$ based that can create an
> image.. OR
> Alternatively,. can anyone suggest of a way for me to do the following:
>
> 1. Boot from a bootable partition on a  DiskOnKey (any linux flavour or
> otherwise).
> 2. Setup a network configuration, (set network services of IP, Netmask,
> Gateway, Resolv DNS).
> 3. Install from Network (even though the network itself is going to be
> the computer next to it).
> 4. In regards to the network. How would I be able to load all the files
> in the WBEL image CDS's such that
> they will be accessible to be d/l and installed on the target server?
>
> Any pointers on that?

If you have a machine with space enough for the ISO files, you could share a
mountpoint with NFS, and boot from either the boot.iso or diskboot.img from
the images directory on the first cd.
The diskboot.img can be copied to a usb thumbdrive with dd and booted from.
You enter the network parameters and the NFS share, and the install runs from
the NFS share. I keep a server with 3 or 4 different distros on it just in
case I need it.