[WBEL-users] Where to remove the RedHat stuff

Alex Chen alex_chen at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 25 21:19:47 CST 2006

I need to resell machines that bundle commercial software and runs on
Red Hat Linux.
But their license fee is too high to be affordable.  It seems that I can
redistribute their open source stuff as long as all Red Hat trademark
stuff has been removed.
I am trying to do that but do not know which packages to start with
because Red Hat's web site is very vague about how this can be done
(intentionally I believe).

 I come across your site and find it very interesting.  I appreciate if
someone can answer the following questions for me:

1. Can I use your package to install a machine for resell?  Is there any
fee involved?
2. Is it based on Red Hat 9 or Red Hat enterprise system?  If it is RHES
based, what version?
3. All the RH RPM packages contain the string 'Vendor: Red Hat Inc."
Does your package take care of that? If not, does that violate Red Hat's
EULA?
4. Does it have any extra stuff added?
5. If I decide to do it myself, what packages should I modify?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alex