[WBEL-users] connect to internet

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Wed Oct 29 10:22:17 CDT 2008

> I think i know the problem im just stupid...
> Yes your right took me 2 days but yes it native support
> says it does see my ethernet card broadcom bcm 44x
> and the drivers are there

Right - so we don't need any more fussing with that.

> but i dont have an ethernet connection
> i have a modem connection

Which modem do you have?

> its both my ethernet and modem

I've seen dual modem/ethernet PCMCIA cards in the dim and distant past - I
very much doubt you have one of those. So I'm really not sure what you're
telling us.

To reiterate from my last post: what kit do you have, and how are you
trying to connect them up?

> so i tryed to tell it
> to use it as ppp and anything that may be usefull and
> not getting anywere

The chances are that you're not getting anywhere because you're jumping to
erroneous conclusions. You've already wasted a load of your time messing
about with Broadcom drivers that simply aren't necessary; now you're
trying to build PPP links, and I've a feeling that's the wrong thing to be
trying at this stage as well.

> 3 days like this and im still dumb.

Tell us what is happening, not what you think it means.

Vic.